- Marriage in the Roman Catholic Church is a life long commitment.
- To celebrate the sacrament of marriage one of the persons intending to marry must be a Roman Catholic.
- Neither of those intending to marry must have been married before (either in a civil ceremony or that of any church denomination).
- The only exception to this rule is if an annulment of a previous attempted marriage has been obtained.
- If neither of those intending to marry lives in the parish special permission must be sought.
- The couple will be required to attend a marriage preparation programme.
- Notice of at least six months or longer, should be given before a marriage is to be celebrated.
There is another point to remember:
- It is a good idea to speak as soon as possible to the Parish Secretary (023 9226 2289).