- Confirmation is another of the ‘Sacraments of Initiation’ and builds on the sacrament of Baptism, First Holy Communion and a Catholic education.
- Confirmation is usually celebrated with young people in Year 9 of their secondary education.
- The young person must make a personal decision to wish to be confirmed and they will be expected to write to the parish priest indicating their wish to be confirmed.
- The young people for Confirmation will be required to attend a programme of instruction.
- The sacrament of Confirmation is celebrated by the Bishop once every year in the Havant Pastoral Area.
- For information about the Confirmation of adults see Journey in Faith information on this website